Friday 5 July 2013

Young v Old and a Katt in puberty

A decent response yesterday meant I had to follow it up and answer some of the questions posed and please the fans. Apparently according to my good mate Neil I always split opinions with the fans anywhere I go, some people are never happy.

Old Doddsy
I never thought I would say it, but I actually miss pre season just now. I realise I don't miss the running, because it is bloody hard work, but I love getting fit, and there is a great team spirit during pre season where everyone comes together to get each other through the double and sometimes triple sessions. It is the first time since 2006 that I haven't been involved in a full time pre season and I have to say I am getting bored of big Darren Dodds banter at the gym and round the park. The big man is the nicest guy in the world, but his love for football is too much as he constantly talks about it. Usually moaning about what I said yesterday and adding that "the young boys get it easy these days".
I have to agree with him in that they do get it much easier than when he was 16/17. The jobs that used to be expected of apprentices don't get done anymore at most clubs. No cleaning boots, no cleaning kit, not a lot to be honest is done. Whether this is the reason that young players lack respect for old players these days is an entirely different question, but you can make your own mind up on that.
The biggest reason for so many young players in contracts is money. Football has no money in Scotland, especially down the leagues, and with ticket prices so high that fans refuse to come through the turnstiles it isn't a surprise really. Older players who were earning a lot more money 6 or 7 years ago are being let go because the club can't afford to offer them anything like what they need to pay their mortgages and bills. You can have 4 or 5 young players on a wage the equivalent to 1 senior player, and for the board that is a no brainer. Even though they might make no impact at all on the squad they are kept to boost numbers.


Katt's Wanket

Here is the main man himself with his new "burd". He has been strangely subdued today almost like he knows his antics have been let out to the nation(100 people) and he is embarrassed. No doubt when I go out later he will be at it. He drags it around the house and looks really stupid as he does it, trying to get his legs out the way while running away from me trying to cut his grass and steal his girlfriend. KA ordered this personalised wanket online, it is surely the best buy we have had since moving in to the flat last year.









Wimbledon semi finals today, Djokovic will cruise through I reckon, but Murray as usual will make it hard for himself. I saw Janowicz in round 2 and said to Neil (the only mate I have) that he is the big danger to Murray this year. So now they meet as i predicted it won't be easy for Murray, but he will dig deep and come through in 4!

Come on Muzza!

No comments:

Post a Comment